Sunday, February 27, 2005

the Oscars...

Just my notes on the 2005 Oscars...
  • Platinum blonde hair is really not becoming on Kirsten Dunst.
  • Mike Myers with his shiny face and dyed black hair looks a LOT like Jason Bateman.
  • Is Renee Zellweiger from the south? Cuz that's how she talks! And her voice is really squeaky, I hadn't realized that!

My notes on the awards given:

  • Yay for The Incredibles!
  • Morgan Freeman finally got one!
  • Was The Aviator really that incredible of a movie? I've missed out, huh?
  • But surprisingly, after the way The Aviator was cleaning house, Million Dollar Baby came back to take the big ones. Yet another movie I missed out on.

My favorites:

  • Hair: Scarlett Johansson (so princess-y!)
    Tied for second:Gwyneth Paltrow/Halle Berry (makes me want long hair again!)
  • Dress: Halle Berry
    A close second: Charlize Theron (it was crazy!)
  • Man: Jake Gyllenhaal, there's something really sexy about him..
  • Women: (overall) Cate Blanchett
    A close second: Emmy Rossum
  • Couple: Jamie Foxx & Daughter
    A close second: Antonio Banderas & Melanie Griffith

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So I didn't watch, but man, I have such a thing for Jake Gyllenhaal...I'm not sure what the heck it is but I don't think he's conventionally hot or cute or anything. It might have something to do with the fact that he's in one of my favorite movies (Donnie Darko), but I don't know...

As for the Aviator, it was one of those "big" epic movies and a lot went into it so I guess it deserved all of those awards. I'm not going to remember it forever though...I guess I'm more a fan of the less overly dramatic stuff.

Haven't seen Million Dollar Baby...