Friday, February 18, 2005

OC rants

So I composed this during class earlier (yeah, I'm such a good student) before I got totally aggravated by the stupid Ithaca concert scene and before I watched the latest episode. Anyway, in agreement with Mira's post, I think the OC is getting really close to being beyond repair...I don't know why, but I feel like my relationship to the OC is really similar to what I had with Roswell. I was totally obsessed and addicted to the show for the first half of the first season, but then they introduced a horrible character (Tess/Oliver) which pretty much made the show terrible, but other storylines kept me from giving up completely, and I held out hope that things would get better. But then second season continued to suck and I wondered why the heck I liked the show in the first place but I still had this ridiculous attachment and I needed to keep watching...

Anyway, here is my list of current OC complaints:

1. There are moments where I do still root for Seth and Summer, but Seth's attitude this whole year had just been shitty and I don't think he deserves much of anything.
2. I like Lindsey but I really wish she had just been left out of the whole Cohen-Nichol-Cooper family drama.
3. I'm glad Ryan is over Marissa but why is the kid from Chino now the most boring person in all of Newport?
4. It's fitting that Summer moves onto Mr. Perfect, aka Zach, but seriously, they have no chemistry and everyone knows it.
5. Marissa and Alex. Who cares?
6. Sandy and Kirsten. WHY are they messing with the one thing that DOES NOT NEED to be messed with? And damn Peter Gallagher, he's making it all seem so in character. Plus Rebecca is not even remotely sympathetic or interesting.

1 comment:

mira said...

I didn't watch last week's episode, but from what I've been told... No sex until marriage Zach? Wow, they've really gone overboard to make sure he is Mr. Perfect. And OF COURSE it would be Seth who would influence Zach to change his mind and decide that Tuscany will be "the moment." Oy! This show may be stuck on this path of irreparable suckiness. The only thing that sucks more though is that this show HAS the ratings to go on for SEVERAL more seasons. Whereas with Roswell? It sucked so much 3rd season that they just ended it there!