Saturday, February 12, 2005

marriage??

So I'm not really sure why I still watch Joan of Arcadia because it's been getting sillier and Joan just spends every episode doing something dumb and being humiliated and not learning from it, but anyway, there's a high school romance on the show (Joan and Adam) which I was rooting for, but is becoming too...committed for me. I suppose I'm not one to talk since I didn't date at all in high school but do couples in high school really dream of getting married?? I am way closer to marriage age than Joan is and I DO NOT imagine myself married. I mean, I know that people do get married to their high school sweethearts, but most of those people seem to be slightly embarrassed about it, as if they didn't expect it to happen. Which leads me to believe that no, they did not dream about it back then.

So what is wrong with Joan?

1 comment:

mira said...

Well I mean, One Tree Hill actually had HIGH SCHOOLERs get married while in high school. So go figure! :-) Gilmore Girls? Dean and Lindsey marry straight out of high school. I think that when Amy and Arnold were together, they talked about "the future" a lot, too. I mean for commitmentphobes like myself, it all sounds crazy and bizarre of a concept, but there are people out there who seem to think that they know a sure thing when they find it. No matter how young they were when they found it.