Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I need a costume design team

So now that February sweeps are coming to a close, a lot of our beloved TV series will be taking breaks over the next two months until May sweeps and season finales, so I'll have to come up with some other topics to post about. And today I am talking about TV fashion.

Even though I really hate shopping and don't really have that great of a sense of style when it comes to myself, I still really like looking at other people's clothes...even on TV. I was always completely perplexed by Felicity's immense collection of sweaters, which she wore for pretty much her entire freshman year, despite the fact that it is usually still summer in New York City in late August and definitely by the end of the school year in May. And I'm always bothered when one character in a scene is wearing a coat while another is just wearing a tank top.

But anyway, so here are my picks for TV's best-dressed characters:

1. Lorelai on Gilmore Girls. Whenever I think about how I would want to be dressing for work, I think of her. She always looks professional but age-appropriate and not stuffy at all. (I'm not so much into Rory's style...she seems to be wearing a lot of skirts and high boots lately which people really do not wear in college.) She does seem to break out really strange T-shirts every once in awhile though...

2. Veronica Mars. I'm not sure how to describe her style...most of her clothes look like stuff you can find at any normal mall and they're not particularly special, but somehow she just always looks really good. I especially like her jackets and coats...I guess Neptune, CA isn't quite as warm as the OC because she has quite a lot of them.

3. Nikki on Summerland. This is probably totally ridiculous, since she's like twelve years old, but I guessed I wish that I was better dressed as a kid (and a kid and a teenager and now...) I mean, yes, all TV characters get costume design teams to pick out their clothes (which I totally need) but there are always those kids who are really well dressed. Her clothes are all very California-beachy. And all of this convinces me that I could never move to southern Cali.

Haha funny how I seem to have represented three different age groups: how I wish I did, do, and will dress apparently (hm, that grammar doesn't really work).

1 comment:

mira said...

Isn't Neptune Beach part of the OC? The OC tv show is shot at Newport Beach.. I can't imagine one area of the OC being so much cooler than another area of the OC. Then again, what do I know?