Sunday, February 13, 2005

2004 Movies

Whoa I'm posting a lot...this will probably wear off in a few days.

So my taste in movies has always admittedly been pretty odd. I like kids movies, chick flicks, offbeat comedies, sci-fi, action...apparently pretty much anything everything except straight drama. That's probably why every year around Oscar nomination time, I haven't seen (or liked) most of the movies that have been nominated for major awards. This year the only ones I've seen are the Aviator and Sideways. Plus I don't have that much time to go see movies and I'm not into the whole downloading of movies thing anymore.

Anyway, here is my list of my 10 favorite movies of 2004:

1. Napoleon Dynamite
2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Sideways
4. The Incredibles
5. Before Sunset
6. Garden State
7. Kill Bill Vol. 2
8. Spider-Man 2
9. Mean Girls
10. 13 Going on 30

Yeah...so 1, 3, and 6 are offbeat comedies, 2 and 4 are family fare, 7 and 8 are fantasy-ish action, and 5, 9, and 10 are chick flicks...

2 comments:

mira said...

So does it count if the movie came out in 2004 and I watched it in 2005? I don't think I even saw enough good movies to make a top 10 list, so I'm going to think about my top 5 of 2004. I'll post when I think of it!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. 7 out of 10 movies on our top 10 lists are the same. Hmm.