Saturday, February 19, 2005

campus student performances

Thanks to connections my friend has, I got a chance to watch Impact dance group perform today at the Mendelssohn Theatre at U of M, featuring also the Friars (an all-male acapella group) and ComCo (an improv group).

Man it was really really entertaining! I'm kind of sad that I missed out on 3 years of opportunity to watch more of these types of performances... especially on the acapella front. The Friars were soooo entertaining (and not too unpleasant to the eye either). And it makes me wonder how I, going to this school of a bajillion acapella groups, managed to have never seen an acapella performance before! The improv group I wasn't so impressed by. But I've seen them several times before. Funny moments, but overall ehh... Impact was really, really fun to watch as well. Whenever I watch good dancing, I feel sad that I never got a chance to learn to dance as a kid. Apparently my lack of coordination convinced my parents that I was not a kid to be sent dancing or to any somewhat athletic activity... Anyway, basically the point of all this -- I missed out!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Haha I haven't been to that many acappella concerts either...mostly due to my perpetual problem of never having anything to go with, but I like them! Well, actually I only like all-male acappella. They just seem to have so much more fun with it that the co-ed or female groups.