Monday, February 21, 2005

Desperate Housewives (and their families)

I must really be growing up or something because the lives of middle-aged housewives is about a hundred times more interesting to me than the teen drama of the OC...

Trying to post about all of the shows I'm watching this season before posting about the same show twice. So it is time for Desperate Housewives!

My take on the housewives:

Bree: Probably my favorite because she always has the best lines ("What about Palestine?") and the best delivery. At first I couldn't believe how uptight she was, but she's really grown on me. I can't really imagine her and Rex ever really being in love, but for some reason they still work (and are really amusing) as a couple. Oh, and Andrew is the devil but of course the writers came up with a way to make him a little more sympathetic.

Susan: I envy her career. She's a children's book illustrator so she basically just works at home and apparently makes enough money doing it? How amazing is that? Anyway, former Ms. Lois Lane is doing really well for herself. The physical comedy and embarrassments get a little old, but she's probably the most average of the housewives. And she's also incredibly lucky because Julie is the best daughter on television.

Lynette: A lot of people hate her apparently, and I half agree. I do feel bad that her kids are monsters and her husband is never home, but she really just needs to hire a nanny and go back to work.

Gabrielle: She might be a little evil, but dang, she's smart. Haha, I like her a lot better now that she's done with John (who I feel is sooo much hotter than he was when he was Miguel on Passions) and that she's bringing more of the independence and determination that she must have had while working up to being a supermodel. Plus she's hilarious.

This show is definitely a prime-time soap and it doesn't pretend to be otherwise. But there are about a million storylines with loose ends and I really hope that they're all taken care of eventually. There is nothing more I hate on TV shows than inconsistency...

1 comment:

mira said...

I LIKE LYNETTE!
I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet... Was there an episode? *sigh* I wouldn't know, I was at the airport all night!!!