Saturday, February 12, 2005

Hero starring Jet Li

I found that most of this movie I just sat there looking at the movie screen confused wondering where it was going, but I guess overall it was pretty alright. I'm not the biggest fan of Chinese artsy martial arts films (though I guess, along with the rest of the US I was pretty impressed with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon because I thought it was such a pretty movie), but this was okay. Not spectacular, not the best film I've seen ever, but certainly one of the better movies I've watched this year. Of course this year I haven't really seen much, and certainly nothing particularly good. (For example, I watched Cruel Intentions 2 recently on TV. Now that was a terrible movie!) So Hero was pretty good.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I really liked this movie, probably because of the circumstances in which I watched it. I was really depressed and aggravated and frustrated with school at the end of last semester, so I spontaneously decided to go see Hero at Cornell Cinema, and it was such a nice distraction that I remember it really fondly.