Friday, February 25, 2005

l.o.r.e.l.a.i.

l.o.r.e.l.a.i.
l.o.r.e.l.a.i.
NOT
l.o.r.a.l.i.e.

it's l.o.r.e.l.a.i.

Yup I've officially learned how to spell Lorelai Gilmore's name correctly. Lorelai. Lorelai. Jennifer should be proud. She might also kill me for making an entry on this. I only misspelled this name like a dozen times or so... Actually many more, but once Jennifer actually went and corrected each misspelling in the entry for me. :-)

When I have a daughter, I will name her Lorelai, but spell it the prettier way: Loralie. Seriously, I think that LOOKS nicer. But then again that does run into the trouble of being pronounced incorrectly... Lorally? Like Amelie? Or maybe not? Well it definitely is in trouble of being SPELT incorrectly as I myself am a very good example of that. Hmm, would I allow Rory to be the nickname though?

Jen, wasn't there a guy named Rory in our elementary school? Maybe Rory isn't such a hot nickname for Lorelai/Loralie after all. But Lori... *shudder* I don't like that nickname at all. There definitely was a girl named Lori in our elementary school, though!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

There was a guy named Rory in our elementary school! I knew another guy named Rory freshman year here too...I'm not sure if that's a real name or a nickname for something else though. As for Lorelai, you could do the Christopher nickname and call her Lor, which I have always though was annoying...

Although I'm kind of fond of names that are hard to nickname...after all those people attempting to call me Jenny, ugh!

Oh, and I've never liked the name Lori either. Although I can tolerate it being spelled Laurie...haha which sounds exactly the same.

Jennifer said...

Hm, okay so I looked up the name Rory. It's derived from Roderick and it means "red king." It was the 53rd most registered name in Scotland in 1998? Haha, yeah, so definitely not a female name.

mira said...

You know what? I like it spelt Laurie too. I never realized that Lori and Laurie might be the same name. But I say it different. Lori, Laurie. Lori. Laurie. The R sticks to the Lo more than with the Lau...

mira said...

Oh! I do like "Lo," though.. From Laguna Beach?