Friday, February 18, 2005

The Motorcycle Diaries

Okay last post for today. I think. And it's positive!

I saw The Motorcycle Diaries yesterday at Cornell Cinema, and I remember thinking that it had been good after leaving the theater. But today, I'm still thinking about it, and I know that the movies that stick with me are the really good ones.

Probably since it's foreign, but it was just so not-Hollywood, if you know what I mean. The acting was superb, and I don't know, you could just tell that everyone involved with the film really cared about making it real and heartfelt and meaningful, and not about money or awards or recognition. The two main actors played wonderfully off of eachother, and there was just the right amount of humor, especially in the beginning. And while there was a little bit of Guevara's future revolutionary persona starting to push through, it wasn't overwhelming, and while the montages were a little cheesy, they were, in the end, pretty moving.

I guess I didn't know too much about Che Guevara, and actually I still don't, but independent of that, this was just a great movie about friendship and seeing the world outside your own.

1 comment:

mira said...

I've been wanting to see this! That hot guy is in it. :-)