Friday, February 25, 2005

Ithaca I hate you still

Okay, so maybe hate is too strong of a word this time. But the Slope Day committee, which, if I remember correctly, takes $12 of my mandatory student activities fee, has gotten Snoop Dogg and some other rapper (the Game?) to perform at Slope Day this year.

Basically I do not listen to rap, but I guess I don't hate it like I hate say, country. (Well, to be fair, I didn't know I hated country until I had to listen to it for 6 hours a day at work last summer, so maybe I do hate rap and I just don't know it yet.) Anyway, I guess I'm just disappointed because I was hoping for a non-hip-hop act this year, because last year Kanye West headlined and it was Fat Joe the year before. Like, I don't know, Green Day? Maroon 5? Simple Plan? (Not that I'm a huge fan of those bands either, but I'm trying to think of some mainstream rock stuff.) I'm still sad that they had Stroke 9 the year before I got here...

Oh, well. I'm going to go anyway...this is my last Slope Day and the only one at which I can drink, yay! And Snoop Dogg is kind of cool...he was really funny (and really really skinny) in Starsky & Hutch. Haha obviously I have no idea what his music is like, but I'm sure he puts on a good performance.

Note for the uninformed: Slope Day is Cornell's last day of classes, celebrated on, of course, the Slope. It used to just be a lot of public drunkenness, but it's become this organized, tightly secured event in the past few years. You can't bring your own alcohol, but they serve cheap beer and wine to people over 21.

1 comment:

mira said...

ithaca hatefest: 2.
logan lovefest: 2.