Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Walkmen

So on Friday night I went to see the Walkmen perform on North Campus. I was pretty excited about this...Cornell's been getting a lot indie-type bands lately and the two concerts I went to last semester (the Arcade Fire and Ted Leo+Pharmacists) were both awesome.

Anyway, the Walkmen. I didn't enjoy them as much as I expected to. We were standing on the side near the speakers and the two openers were so loud that my hearing was pretty much blown out by the time the Walkmen came on. And then they were really loud too. I guess it's expected when bands play live, but I just couldn't hear the vocals and I couldn't even recognize most of the songs they played. Oh, well. I have to say that The Rat (one of the songs I did recognize) was pretty incredible though. And the lead singer was a lot of fun to watch (even though I couldn't hear him for most of the set.)

I don't know, I feel like it's a dilemma every time I go to a concert. Since I'm short (5 feet) I can't see anything unless I'm right up close, but I can't hear anything unless I back up to the middle or back of the room...

See some pictures on flickr.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

next time on the concert take with the chair

only joke

mira said...

hahaha someone not me commented. except it's almost my name! how bizarre! and bad english!!! stranger!! :-D