Monday, May 21, 2007

Veronica Mars - The End is Near

So now that Veronica Mars has been cancelled, I have somewhat mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm disappointed because I really love this show. The first season was one of the best seasons of TV ever, I think, and even though things have gone kind of downhill from there, I'm still going to remember it as one my favorite shows of all time.

But on the other hand, all the talk of how the show was going to come back five years in the future with Veronica as an FBI agent and with none of the supporting cast? I was definitely not of the opinion that I would have taken the show in whatever form it was in.

And honestly, these past couple of stand-alone episodes have not been that great. The mysteries have been pretty lame, Logan and Veronica with other people is uninteresting, and there's no suspense left at all. I do like that they're bringing back old characters like Leo and Dick's father and the Fitzpatricks, and I liked that they finally addressed Cassidy's death and had Paul Rudd on the show and such, but overall things have been kind of...lame. I'm not as annoyed with Piz and Veronica as I thought I would be, but they're just pretty boring, and Parker, who I originally kind of liked, is evidently that girl who becomes annoying once in a relationship. I'm glad that we're seeing more of Mac, but her relationship dramas seem kind of petty. And why can they not find Wallace anything to do?

Hopefully this week's double episode and series finale will end things on a good note. It looks like Weevil will be back, and I've heard spoilers of a few other old faces returning as well. And dammit Veronica and Logan better end not badly. I'm not even looking for a happy ending here. As long as there's hope I'll be ok...

No comments: