Friday, May 18, 2007

2007 upfronts

Since Jenn's not around to blog about the Upfronts, here is my opinion of it in short:

NBC
  • Yay for giving Zach Braff & co. the opportunity to end Scrubs right.
  • Yay for giving Friday Night Lights another season, but they deserve a full one, not just 13 episodes!
  • Yay for another season of Heroes, though that is no surprise.
  • Boo for canceling The Black Donnelly's and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (though I know that perhaps I'm one of the few people that LOVED that show).
  • Unsure what I think of Las Vegas without James Caan and with Tom Selleck instead, but we'll find out next year!
  • None of the new shows particularly excite me. So... meh, we'll see.
ABC
  • No surprise on the renewals of Ugly Betty (which I still need to catch up on), or Grey's Anatomy.
  • Yay for them giving October Road one more shot. I really liked it, but it might be just cuz I like Jake from One Tree Hill.
  • It's cool that the Lost creators decided to set a deadline for the show. But really, do they need 5 more years? I guess, I won't be starting that show anytime soon...
  • Surprisingly I'm excited about the Grey's spin-off, Private Practice.
  • So what happened to that Traveler show?
CBS
  • Not surprised by How I Met Your Mother's renewal, but yay!
  • Glad to see NCIS, Numb3rs, and Shark will be back.
  • May give Cane and maybe Kid Nation a try.
  • Sad but not surprised to see The Class is gone.
Fox
  • Not surprised but glad to see House back.
  • Kinda want Prison Break to be over already. Okay, okay, I like the show, it's just inane that he escaped prison in Season 1, he continued to escape prison in Season 2, and now he's captured and is going back to prison.
  • Amy Sherman-Palladino making a new show? Yeah, I'm there. The Return of Jezebel James(working title apparently) will get at least a few tries by me.
  • Ending The O.C. this past year was the smartest thing Fox could've ever done!
The CW
  • One Tree Hill needs to go.
  • Yay for FINALLY ending Seventh Heaven and Gilmore Girls.
  • Boo for completely screwing up what WAS a great show (Veronica Mars) by going so back and forth on how many episodes it was getting this year. And now by not making a decision on whether it's getting renewed. UGH. I don't think I will be buying Season 3.
  • I probably will not be able to keep myself from watching Gossip Girl, unfortunately.
Has anyone noticed the number of shows about three or four friends of the same gender who bond together to take on the world? Very Sex and the City.
  • Lipstick Jungle(NBC)
  • Bigshots(ABC)
  • Carpoolers(ABC)
  • Cashmere Mafia(ABC)
  • Cavemen(ABC)
  • Women's Murder Club(ABC)
Oh wait, it looks like it's mostly an ABC trend!

1 comment:

JackPo said...

really?!

Grey's Anatomy is really quite a mess nowadays...

and Scrubs is over? damn I'm behind on TV news :-\