Wednesday, May 02, 2007

American Idol meets Bon Jovi

I've been looking forward to this week all season and while I'm a little disappointed that it turned out to truly be Bon Jovi week with only Bon Jovi songs instead of rock music in general, it really didn't disappoint.

First, the good. Actually, the awesome. I thought Blake was fantastic. I predicted that this would be a good week for him, and I just LOVED it. Simon was spot on when he said that half the audience would hate it and half the audience would love it, but I don't think that the people who liked Blake before were turned off by this performance, so I'm pretty sure he'll be safe. I know there are people who will probably complain about the beatboxing and how this is a singing competition, but Blake's bringing more to the table than just singing and I really appreciate that. He doesn't just insert his singing style into the songs, he really puts a lot of thought into arranging and mixing them up. Go Blake!!

Also really good was...Lakisha? I was pretty surprised here...last week I would have said that she'd be going home but this week she really stepped it up and for the first time I didn't think she was cold. Melinda was also predictably good. I thought she was so funny, asking Bon Jovi for advice on how to rock, haha. I also applaud her for picking one of the more recent songs, she's generally been going for the old stuff so far, so this was a nice change of pace.

So the rest. Phil went first and honestly now I can't even remember what he sang or how he sang it. I don't remember thinking it was bad though. Chris sucked. I've been wanting him to go home for weeks now and if he doesn't this week then I obviously I just don't understand. And surprisingly...Jordin finds herself as the worst of the night. I don't really know what happened there but it wasn't good. At all.

Two people are going home tonight. I really don't know what's going to happen here. Last week after they announced that two people were going home this week I immediately thought Lakisha and Chris. But Lakisha's "comeback" yesterday really complicates things. Could Jordin be in danger?

Oh, and uh, what was up with George and Laura Bush at the end? Talk about two worlds colliding...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wth.. I didn't even know Sanjaya finally got voted off.

Argh.. damn I was hoping he would win the whole thing.