Monday, May 21, 2007

Finale report, Part 1

Wow so I'm only gone a week and so much happens, although I guess I expected as much. I'm still catching up but here's the first installment of my season/series finale reports. I'll be commenting on the upfronts soon.

Gilmore Girls: Thanks to Mira for posting on this. Ditto to her entire post, really. I was really hoping that the show was going to end this season and was super relieved when it was finally announced, but I was still pretty sad as well. I was kind of getting a little choked up during some of the scenes, and surprisingly even during Rory's goodbye party, which I was dreading because I usually can't stand how everyone in Stars Hollow worships Rory. But I'm glad that they acknowledged that it was really as much about Lorelai as it was about Rory, and it really was great seeing all the crazy townspeople one last time. I was also really satisfied with where Rory ended up. The job was fittingly awesome of course, but I'm glad that it was for an online magazine and not something irritatingly perfect like the New York Times. And I really liked the last scene, which mirrored the last scene in the pilot and really brought the show full circle.

How I Met Your Mother: So glad to see this was renewed for next season! Especially since Ted and Robin are finally over (a long time coming) and now things are open to find out who the "mother" is. I feel like the writers/producers really have to introduce her next season. I believe the show's doing well, but it's not really a huge hit and I don't think they have the luxury of stretching it out for much longer with the risk of cancellation before getting there. Anyway, Lily and Marshall are finally married and it's really great to see a couple on TV that completely makes sense get married and not have to worry about the show or couple getting boring because of it. And I really loved the last scene with Barney and Ted. Really looking forward to next season!

No comments: