Thursday, May 24, 2007

American Idol bores me to tears...oh, and Jordin wins

So was last night's AI finale boring or what? And it really bugged me that they didn't get to announcing the winners until after 10PM. You're scheduled from 8-10PM, would it kill you to get to the important stuff?

Anyway, so Jordin won. No surprise there, really, and I was even kind of relieved. I really like Blake, but making him have to sing that godawful song again and release it as his first single would have just been too mean. He won't have the title hanging over his head, he won't have the future obligations to appear on he show, and he can just go do his thing. And even though I find Jordin a little irritating, I'm happy for her. I mean, the fact that she can sing "This is My Now" and really mean it pretty much guaranteed her win. Go Jordin, go and embrace your now.

Anyway, the show was also saturated with a ton of performances, as all the former Idol winners minus Fantasia were there, along with the rest of the Top 12 and assorted musical legends that I mostly had no interest in listening to. The only celebrity performance I was the least bit interested in was Green Day but even they were pretty boring. (I have to say I liked them a lot better back when they were grungy and punky, now they're just...blah.) I thought the Beatles tribute was alright, and I liked Melinda's number, but did we really have to watch Sanjaya again? I started watching the show from my DVR just after 9PM but I was caught up by 9:45 because of all the fast-forwarding I was doing.

Sooo yeah. That's all. Now throwing my reality competition energies into So You Think You Can Dance.

No comments: