Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Veronica Mars: Confessions of a LoVe shipper and Spoiler Addict

Confession #1. I've turned into a diehard LoVe ("Lo"gan/"Ve"ronica, for those you who have no idea what I'm talking about) shipper. I mean, I've always been into them, but this season has turned me a bit rabid. Like last season, I was really okay with them being apart, but now? I know that there's a million reasons why they're a recipe for disaster and I know that they're both kind of screwed up and I know that it's not interesting when the main couple on a show stays together with no conflict, but dammit if I want them to be together no matter what! I really just can't get onboard with this Piz thing, especially he was pretty much specifically brought onto the show as the "anti-Logan" love interest for Veronica and I've really been dreading this all season. It's kind of a shame, because in another situation I think I would have really liked Piz. I'm usually all for the dorky guy secretly pining for the awesome chick and finally getting up the guts to go for it. But not when it messes with Logan and Veronica! Ok, ok, so Logan's already dating someone else anyway. But somehow I don't seem to have as much hatred for the Parker and Logan pairing than I do for Piz and Veronica. Maybe because I feel like he kind of took a lot of shit from Veronica and I greatly prefer this Logan to the mopey Logan we had for what seems like the entire season up until now. I don't know. But Piz and Veronica = no.

Confession #2. I really need to stop reading spoilers. I remember back when Buffy was on, at some point I decided that reading spoilers was really interfering with my enjoyment of the show and I just stopped. And it totally worked. No more dreading, no more false hope, every week was a surprise and it was just really good. But I think it's too late for me to try out that tactic this season on VM. I've already read too many spoilers. Plus add onto that all the renewal/cancellation rumors and it's just left me kind of pessimistic about the end of the season. This ties into Confession #1, but what I'm really afraid of now is that the season ends with Logan and Veronica in a bad place and then the show gets cancelled or get renewed with that preposterous FBI concept that Logan logically shouldn't have a place in. But you know, at the same time, they can't keep ending EVERY season with a LoVe reunion just because of fear of cancellation. So....GAH.

Confession #3. You know what I hate about Veronica? Like, really really hate? I hate it when she bursts in on people, guns blazing (kind of literally, in this episode) and starts harshly accusing them in that know-it-all voice she does so well. HATE.

Confession #4. I don't know why, but somehow I seem to be inclined to think that any couple involving Mac is cute. I thought Mac and Beaver were cute, before you know, he turned out to be a murderer. And I thought Mac and Bronson were cute. And now I think Mac and Max are cute??? But seriously, do we really need for her to have a love triangle? Why not give Wallace something to do instead of just being supportive of everyone else's problems?

Confession #5. I kind of wish Keith wasn't the sheriff. I know it's what he wants to do and I kind of liked his little crusade this episode and him firing all the people that didn't respect him and weren't doing their jobs, but I guess I kind of miss Mars Investigations. How sad was it this episode when Veronica told that client that they were "closed for awhile"??

No comments: