Thursday, May 31, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance Season 3

I didn't get into this show until pretty late last season, partly because I just felt like it was on too often and I just couldn't keep up, and partly because I'm not that into dance in general. I read this article about how SYTYCD (oh, and the title of the show is seriously annoying) is not as popular as American Idol because while most people feel like they can judge singing, dance is kind of a lot more subjective. But I was really surprised how much I liked the show. It's extremely entertaining, and with all the bad music that's on AI in general, I think I might even like it better.

Anyway, last night Mira and I were chatting about the show a bit and we both agreed that last season we were kind of meh on Cat Deeley, but this season we're starting to really like her. Neither of us watched the audition rounds last season, so I guess we didn't realize how actually nice Cat is. On AI, Ryan Seacrest can be a little patronizing and fake-nice to the contestants, but Cat is so genuinely nice and friendly and warm to everyone that you can't help but like her.

And I've actually been enjoying these audition rounds. There's a fair amount of bad dancing, but there's also a lot of really fun and entertaining stuff as well. The winking/hiccupping couple last night was hilarious, and I really liked some of the hip-hop dancers and breakers. And Benji made an appearance! Yay Benji!

No comments: