Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a little sad, but a lot relieved...

So it's over.

7 years of witty banter, eclectic characters galore, wonderfully built relationships, and it's done. But everything got tied in easily, with little need to force everything into a tidy ending. Luke and Loralie finally got it together, but without the need to hash everything out. Just simple and perfect, the way they've always fit together. I love that they resolved the issue of the continuation of Friday night dinners. Actually I had no idea what Emily was getting at with the spa issue, but when it came together, it all made sense. I love that Emily and Richard both made huge steps in showing how much their relationships with the Loralie Gilmores had been repaired. Richard, by announcing to Loralie that she was truly a remarkable person. Emily, by telling Rory that she was honored to be her grandmother. Both touching speeches. I'm glad we got to see the bond that will always exist between Lane and Rory despite how separate their lives (and storylines) went. And I'm super glad that Logan was just a non-factor. A loose end, but I mean Rory's young, there's far more story to happen in her life. PLUS, another loose end left untied was the fact that both Luke AND Loralie have a very, very free month ahead of them. What with April and Rory both canceling on them.

Well tied together. And I'm so glad that they finally decided to end it. I'll miss all the quirky Stars Hollow townspeople (I'd like to mention how much I loved that this episode celebrated their generosity and wonderful spirit), I'll miss the deeply rooted love all these characters have for each other; but I WON'T miss the unnecessary drama-filled storylines created to keep ratings high.

Woohoo!

No comments: