Sunday, May 20, 2007

okay, i take it back. grey's anatomy can GO

I hadn't watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy before I had last posted... Now that I've caught up, I've gotta say, screw it all. Grey's can go. You know that point in Roswell when all of a sudden Max and Tess started to become close? Or when Prue dies on Charmed and you just can't care about the show anymore. Or was it when Andy died that it started to suck? Who knows. Or that point in The O.C. when that stupid Dean showed up and all storylines started going downhill? The introduction of the annoying Johnny, which lead to Marissa-Johnny, Ryan-Johnny's cousin, Johnny-Marissa's sister, Johnny's suicide, Marissa-Volchek... GEEZ. I blame the Dean. Cuz if it weren't for him, she wouldn't have gotten kicked out leading to all that nonsense. Okay, anyway, the point in that tangent was Grey's Anatomy has slowly been leading up to that amount of terribleness and now fully achieved it.

I know that off-the-set there have been major issues with Isaiah Washington, but seriously, Burke is one of the BEST characters, or at least half of the best couple on the show. So yeah, they have to go and SCREW UP the only good couple on the show because, I'm guessing, his contract is up in the air?!?! NO WEDDING?! Urgh. After making it like we'd get that wedding. Hate them.

Next, McDreamy. Okay, I've been hating him majorly. So much so that I have dreams where I'm seriously YELLING at him for being a jerk. Well yeah, I guess he sorta tried to redeem himself by telling Meredith that he's "in this," but really to my ears? It's just a wimpy way to ask to break up with someone. He doesn't want to be in it, so he's just trying to get Meredith do the breaking up. PLUS, what the hell?!?! As if Meredith wasn't dealt a raw hand when it comes to family. First her mother dies (who wasn't much of a mother anyway), then her surrogate mother dies (who was in that short time infinitely better), and THEN her father bans her from his life because SHE supposedly killed his wife?! And yes, where was McDreamy through all of that? Weighing whether he wanted her or chief of surgery more. THEN to make matters worse, HE FLIRTS WITH HER HALF-SISTER?!?! And that's what we have to look forward to next season?! THE FACT THAT THE ONLY OTHER WOMAN MCDREAMY HAS SHOWN ANY BIT OF INTEREST IN IS MEREDITH'S HALF-SISTER WHO GOT THE PERFECT MOTHER AND THE BEST OF HER FATHER?!

Ugh.

Worst season finale, EVER.

Side notes of more suckiness: I hate the Izzie-George storyline. HATE HATE HATE. Why the heck did Bailey NOT get chief resident? And I adore Callie, and it's nice to see that she'll be sticking around (maybe), but then if she's not, I still think Bailey should've gotten that position on her own merits. Plus, George failing the intern exam?! It's all Izzie's fault! UGH!

This show gets an award for so quickly going from being one of my FAVORITE shows to one of my MOST HATED shows.

Worst season finale, EVER.

1 comment:

JackPo said...

completely. agree.