Friday, April 01, 2005

what I'm listening to

So for some reason I have pretty strong opinions on what I consider to be good and bad music, but I could probably never be a music reviewer because I have no clue how to describe music or even to explain why I like I what I like. I do know that I probably try a little too hard to like "cool" music that always ends up on the OC a week after I discover it anyway, but this is some of what I have been listening to lately:

  • The Indie Pop Rocks! radio station on iTunes! I always feel like I can't keep up with new music so I'm just letting some cooler people do it for me.
  • Bright Eyes - Digital Ash in a Digital Urn. His other album is more highly regarded but I guess I'm not so much into its folky sound.
  • Stars - Set Yourself on Fire. This band has female vocals that I actually don't mind. Wow.
  • The Futureheads - Self-Titled. Very peppy!
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell. More female vocals! I'm branching out!
  • Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want to Be. I'll probably see some of their set at their concert with Jimmy Eat World in a few weeks so I might as well be prepared. I like this album better than their older ones anyway.
  • Interpol - Antics. I'm still kind of sad that I missed them when they played at Cornell before they were famous.
  • Built to Spill. They haven't had any new stuff in awhile, but I'm catching up.

What have you been listening to lately?

No comments: