Sunday, March 06, 2005

moving around...

So I haven't picked up my slack of blogging in the past week with moving to MD and all. But while I'm super behind in some of my tv shows (4 eps of Alias to catch up on, 3 eps of One Tree Hill -- yes I am lame enough to watch that show), I did watch 2 movies this past week.

Hitch -- I'm kinda astounded that this has been such a box office hit these past few weeks. Like, okay, Will Smith, romantic comedy, it'll make a lot of money guaranteed. But still, it wasn't THAT great. I mean the funny scenes were disappointingly all in the commercials. If I had to count the number of cliched lines that were in this movie with my fingers and toes, I'd have 5 hands and 4 feet. And I mean, could this setup be anymore obvious? The gentleman pursuer is a "love doctor" who goes around making it so people can fall in love. The lady pursued is a gossip columnist for a big New York newspaper that doesn't believe in falling in love? But for what it's worth, it was easy entertainment to watch, and I did enjoy one scene in particular. (This wasn't in the commercials, so if you haven't seen the movie and plan on watching it and want to be surprised with one good scene, stop reading here.) Anywho, the female protagonist is being hit on by a random guy in a club with really bad lines such as "You look exactly like my next girlfriend" and stuff. And she of course very coolly and very politely rejects him in this great way. She acknowledges that she knows it's really difficult to work up the guts to go up and talk to a hot woman, and thus, she is incredibly flattered by the fact that he picked her out of all the other beautiful women in the room, but she is simply not interested. It was just well delivered and made me think, damn I wish i were that cool.

Be Cool -- I didn't realize until the movie started that it was a sequel for Get Shorty, a movie I've never seen. But it was an entertaining movie. There were little things that I simply did not get, like what's a "vig" and what's a "shylock"? But other than that, I laughed a lot. I don't really find anything super clever about the mocking of movies in movies because it's done every once in a while, but other than that it was funny in really random ways. And Vince Vaughn is awesome.

Just one more thing, because I absolutely canNOT post without mentioning Gilmore Girls and how unbelievably happy I am right now. I don't want to do a post on the last episode because Jenn seriously summed it up beautifully in 3 words. But I am SO happy right now and it's sorta sad and pathetic but it seriously has made my day. AHH! Luke and Lorelai! (I think I spelt it right?) Okay, that is all!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I don't remember what movie it was that I went to see recently, but I swear Vince Vaughn was in like every preview. He's awesome! Haha I think I first started liking him from The Lost World: Jurassic Park (which was a horrible movie) and then of course Swingers!