Sunday, March 06, 2005

guest starring...

I didn't particularly like Jack and Bobby when I watched the pilot at the beginning of this TV season, because I thought it was way too self-important, but for some reason I've gotten a little attached to it. I don't keep up with it that well...I just catch it on EasyView on Sunday while eating dinner every once in awhile. For those of you who haven't seen it (pretty likely since its ratings are crap) it's about a future president of the United States who is growing up in the present day. Each episode also has these little documentary-like segments with people from the future talking about the president (it's Bobby, by the way) and his politics and family and stuff like that. I mean, it's really just your standard family drama, but those flash forward things keep it interesting because they're basically telling you where these characters end up in like forty years.

Anyway, on this show, more than any others I've watched, there seem to have been a ridiculous amount of guest stars recognizable from other TV roles. There's Bradley Cooper, who was Will on Alias. Ed Begley Jr. who was on Six Feet Under and Arrested Development. Tom Cavanagh from Ed. Mike Erwin, who was Amy's coma boyfriend Colin on Everwood. Scott Foley from Felicity. Evan Handler, who was Charlotte's husband Harry on Sex and the City. Neil Patrick Harris, Doogie Howser MD. Danica McKellar, Winnie from the Wonder Years. Haha, is it just me and my built-in IMDB, or is that a lot??

3 comments:

mira said...

that's an amazing list of guest stars... But WINNIE from wonder years?? What does she look like now???

Jennifer said...

Haha apparently she's a regular on the West Wing now? She really looks pretty much the same...I remember Fred Savage used to be on this NBC comedy called Working and she guest starred on that too, which was really funny. I love when actors reunite as different characters!

Haha the Wonder Years needs to come out on DVD!

Anonymous said...

evan handler was also in ransom starring mel gibson.

he also wrote a book, time on fire or something like that about going through cancer. i read it for english class, and it's a good read. he's bald because of all the chemo and such, but i bet he looks better bald for some reason...

and winne is on the west wing? [gasp] i don't watch enough tv! i hope they put jack & bobby on dvd.