Sunday, January 13, 2008

Most satisfying Amazing Race ever

Okay, that might be an exaggeration, especially considering I didn't even start watching until a few seasons ago, but man was it awesome to see Nate and Jen Philiminated! And right before the final three! And on Jen's birthday!

I suppose that sounds a bit mean...I always feel kind of bad for hating people on reality shows because I mean, they are real people and these shows are unusually stressful situations and all, but Nate and Jen have spent the entire race bickering and being pretty terrible to eachother, and I would have HATED to see them win over any of the other three teams. Jen especially has just been ridiculously nagging and her sense of entitlement was just bizarre. I'm so glad I don't have to be all anxious during the finale next week worrying that they might win and have that like validate their relationship or something.

So yeah, I'm now happy with the final three, and wouldn't really mind seeing any of them win. I like that the two teams with the oldest people in the race are still in it, and that the requisite dating couple is actually functional. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for...I like that Ron and Chris have used the race to build their relationship, even though Ron was pretty terrible in the beginning; I like that TK and Rachel are so positive and calm and their comeback tonight to oust Jen and Nate was just awesome; and Don just cracks me up (don't really have much of an opinion on Nicolas). The tasks for next week look really crazy though, I'm excited!

No comments: