Saturday, January 12, 2008

Gossip Girl, yes I do know I love you

Wow. I am going to miss this show SO MUCH while the writers' strike deprives us of new episodes. My love for show came on kind of gradually...I mean, I knew I was predisposed to like it, and I was pretty much hooked from the first episode, but now I'm finding myself rewatching the episodes twice in a week and I'm actually kind of looking forward to the reruns so I can watch them all over again.

And for the last episode in awhile, this was pretty awesome. You had to know this was all coming to Blair for being bitchy and terrible to everyone for so long, but I really couldn't help feeling bad for her too. For someone who's reputation and status is the most important thing to her...getting snubbed by everyone at school and all her friends (who were those two random girls that pushed her out though? Why have we not seen them before? And why do Kati and Is STILL never say anything?) and then getting it from Nate and then even Chuck...it was all pretty harsh. I'm so glad that Serena came around in the end though, and I hope Blair comes back with a vengeance.

I've probably said this before, but I think Blair and Serena's friendship one of my favorite things about this show. It's kind of rare for a teen show to be centered around a friendship instead of some epic or ill-fated romance, and I think it's refreshing. The way they're constantly fighting and making up is just so believable. You know it's funny, in this world of insanely rich and privileged people, the person who's probably the least realistic is...Dan. I mean, what kind of high school guy is that calm when he hears that his girlfriend might be pregnant??

No comments: