Wednesday, November 02, 2005

our poor neglected page

So I've amazingly enough FULLY caught up in ALL my TV shows! I'm caught up and ready to watch all the new episodes of TV! Crazy, no? So look out for spoilers galore for those of you not caught up. Here's my rundown on what's been happening so far this season...

THE RETURNERS

Alias: Frickin, so the new blonde = Sydney, Jr. So if Jennifer Garner does indeed leave the show, that leaves it open for new girl to just do for another 5 years the same thing Sydney did for the last 5. Except she was a failed attempt at being a counter-intelligence agent, since obviously she can't hide her fear. Oy. And obviously the new guy is set up to be either Sydney or Sydney, Jr.'s love interest. Oy. I've gotta say the storylines are getting old and predictable. And even if they go and do something not predicted, that's predictable because that's how it always is. And damnit, I knew Vaughn was getting killed off but I didn't expect him to get killed off EPISODE ONE! Oy. And there's so much more passion for Vaughn in Sydney now that he's actually dead. Strange how that happens, huh?

Gilmore Girls: Rory bores me. Luke I still adore, but even him and Lorelai's relationship doesn't much interest me. Logan is still a hotty, but damn, him being with Rory annoys and bores me. This show just, I dunno, it's not doing it for me.

One Tree Hill: This show actually interests me more than the above two. I love watching the developing relationships, seeing the ruptured ones try to refix, etc. The guys are hot, the girls are hot. The same villain, Dan, is as evil as ever. And there are new annoying characters, unlike...

The OC: How do you add SO many annoying, evil characters in one season? THREE? The Dean, Kirsten's stalker lady, Ms. Teen-Spirit-Audrey. YECH. Seriously, I'm glad there was baseball playoffs the last few weeks. I didn't miss you all that much. But I do have to admit, that as long as Ryan and Marissa are together, Marissa is a lot less annoying as a character. Instead, I'll watch...

Laguna Beach, The Real OC: This is my guilty pleasure. Seriously, season 2 with it's less concentrating on the love triangle of Kristen-Stephen(hottie!!!)-LC, but on the man-whore-iness of Jason has been so entertaining. Ahhh seriously, I just love this show. I can't help it!

Desperate Housewives: Is slightly less annoying than the end of last season. But it's because I'm watching it not with the thought that this show is so great, but just this show is so WEIRD. And seriously, looking at the show in this way makes me simply enjoy the quirkiness of the characters and the oddball storylines the writers keep throwing at the audience. Though thank goodness, it's followed by...

Grey's Anatomy: This is the winner for returning shows, this season. Seriously, hands down I am enjoying this drama moreso than any other drama. It keeps it's random elements of comedy, and it's got crazy ass storylines that I really enjoy. Like McDreamy and Mrs. McDreamy. Izzy and the Jerk. Meredith finally 'fessing up to McDreamy her true feelings. The rest of the crew finding out about Alice Grey's Alzheimer. Good stuff! Can't forget about my other hospital drama though--

House: This, too, has been on hiatus thanks to baseball. But before it went away, it was keeping up its standard top-notch acting, interesting storylines, interesting characters. But it was weird because one week both House and Grey's Anatomy did the same rare surgical procedure. That was weird. Onto the newbies...

THE ROOKIES

Kitchen Confidential: This handsdown is one of my favorite shows this season, if not my FAVORITE. It's light, got a greatlooking cast, got an eclectic group of characters, and pretty fastpaced. It's seriously great for a 20 minute break from life to just laugh and be happy.

How I Met Your Mother: This too is a funny, cute show. I enjoy it because I think that this show seriously fills the void left behind by Friends. Just an entertaining romantic comedy with awesome supporting characters. Plus this gave me my fill of Halloween costumes in last week's episode. Being out of the country, I definitely missed out on Halloween. But between this and One Tree Hill, I got to look at awesome costumes and feel like it was indeed Halloween season.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

So apparently we don't really watch much of the same TV anymore....I can't watch medical shows at all unless it's Scrubs. I thought I was going to watch House this season but that hasn't happened because I'm watching the Office instead. And Grey's Anatomy I just can't get into despite people being all gaga over it.

I've also dropped Alias and Desperate Housewives...haha, ABC was my top network last season and now it's on my hit list. I'm slowly catching up with Lost though...

Mira, you MUST WATCH VERONICA MARS! GO WATCH IT!

mira said...

don't worry veronica mars is next on my list to catch up with now that i'm done catching up with everything else!!!

Anonymous said...

have either of you gotten into commander in chief?

house. i will watch this once i get an antenna for the tv.

the office. i only saw an episode of that.

i watched desperate housewives only because it precedes grey's anatomy. but i think i'd rather watch law and order (which succeeds the west wing).

yay. an interactive tv guide, woo woo.

Jennifer said...

My joke is that I don't like shows about medicine, law, crime, or politics...which seemingly cuts out most of what's on television today (including the West Wing, Law and Order, CSI, Commander in Chief, etc.) but anyone who knows me knows that I still watch a lot of TV. I guess I'm just always putting myself outside of the mainstream (whether it be intentional or not).

I do have some exceptions I suppose...I've kind of been enjoying Bones, but to me it seems more like a non-sci-fi X-files (if that makes sense at all) and I'm just glad to have David Boreanaz back on my TV.

Hm this post is becoming a message board for some reason.

mira said...

I know David Boreanaz is Angel and all, but him back on the tube just doesn't excite me much. Yeah I can't get into the law, crime, politics shows either. But oddly I do enjoy medical ones. I loved ER back in the day, Scrubs is fun on the occasion, and now House and Grey's Anatomy.