Friday, October 21, 2005

top 5 strange things I've resorted to watching on TV lately

So while I'm consistently missing weeknight TV shows because of getting home from work late or double scheduled timeslots, I occasionally find myself with nothing to watch and honestly, my choices lately have been a little odd. Here are my newest (and strangest) picks:

1. America's Top Model: I'm not very interested in fashion or beauty but apparently I'm interested in watching tall skinny girls (most of whom are younger than me) who want to be supermodels...
2. Charmed: I can't believe this show is still on. I haven't watched it since like freshman year in college so I'm not too clear on what the heck is going on, but it's really still the same as ever.
3. Everwood: I used to hate this show with a passion, but for some reason it's kind of grown on me. I'm still not too interested in the grown-ups, but Bright is awesome and Ephram and Amy aren't being annoying so uh, yeah...
4. Iron Chef America: I watched the original Iron Chef a couple of times and thought it was amusing but I never got that into it. I prefer the American version for a few reasons, the most important being Alton Brown's commentary. I love Alton Brown. The guest judges can be interesting as well.
5. Degrassi the Next Generation: This is so seriously addictive. The characters are all played by actors of the right age and they're all very average-looking, not super Hollywood pretty. They manage to tackle all sorts of tough topics without getting too afterschool special, but it's still funny and cute too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, I know what you mean by "resorted to watching"! I go to the gym and watch whatever is on TV when I'm stuck on a treadmill. This usually ends up being the 6pm news, which is so taboid-ish now. My gym has crappy channels.