Wednesday, November 09, 2005

drama in the LB

Man I'm a posting mood this week...

I haven't watched the latest episode of Laguna Beach yet but I've been intending to post on the show for awhile now and since this has been a less-busy-than-usual week for me I thought I'd just go ahead.

I really didn't think this season would be all that great...I didn't like Kristin last season and this year was supposed to be all about her. But somehow this season turned out to be all about Jason instead, which is really vastly more interesting. I have my doubts about how "real" everything actually is, but man, the last couple of episodes have been the most entertaining thing I've seen on TV in a very very long time.

I mean, the Jason and Lauren hook-up? Kristin probably said it best: "That's the most random thing I've ever heard in my life!" It's so incredibly random and juicy that had it happened on the OC I probably would have brushed it off as contrived, but since this is "real," it was just awesome. I loved how it threw Stephen for a loop too. And then Jason kissing Jessica right in front of LC?? This is so the best show ever. Haha.

Some other random unrelated thoughts:
  • Talan singing at the benefit just killed me. Hopefully he's not serious about launching a music career...
  • Poor Dieter, who was in practically every episode last season as "Stephen's Friend" now gets to be "Jessica's Ex-Boyfriend" as well. I kind of like the dude though.
  • Taylor and Alex M. mimicking Casey = awesome.
  • The show kind of reads my mind for a lot of their music selections. "Existentialism on a Prom Night" by Straylight Run was exactly what I would have put in the prom episode, and "Time" by Chantal Kreviazuk was perfect for graduation.

Season finale next Monday, apparently commercial-free!

No comments: