Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Rory's redemption?

So it might be too early to tell but tonight's episode of Gilmore Girls was the first time in a very very long time that I liked Rory. She finally realized how stupid she was being and that everything Lorelai told her about Emily was true. And I'm sooo glad that it was Jess that made her realize it. His appearance was just perfect. Even though I always liked him and Rory together, I'm glad that there weren't any romantic intentions behind his return, and that he was the mature one. I mean, how great was that? The slacker with no ambition comes back with an actual accomplishment and teaches the former Miss Perfect a lesson. Yeah, Jess was hot tonight. Haha.

I'm also glad that they showed Logan's other side tonight. I was a big fan of his in the beginning but he's kind of bugged more and more every week, and the charm turning into jerk was really always a possibility. I have no idea what's going to come of Rory and Logan now though...at first I thought that they were a good couple but now I feel like their attitudes toward life are really just too different right now and they both kind of need to get their shit together before trying to be in any relationship at all.

Oh, and this just dawned on me during the episode, but when Luke and Lorelai get married (note my optimism despite the preview for next week and annoying spoilers I've read), Rory and Jess will kind of be cousins...

No comments: