Tuesday, November 15, 2005

never mind, Rory still sucks

I take it back, Rory now has no chance for redemption...in my eyes anyway. I realize that they're trying to make her more like Lorelai, but for some reason I just can't tolerate it at all. Her badgering of the newspaper editor was something Lorelai might have been able to pull off, but Rory doing it just made me want to strangle her. Especially since it was massively obvious that she was going to get the job in the end. I mean, there's something to be said for being proactive when pursuing a job, but Rory was just being plain irritating. I know that last season I criticized Rory for giving up her dream so easily but seriously, while determination is one thing, being completely unprofessional and disrespectful of authority is really another. If I were that editor, I would have called security and had her removed from the building. I mean, after last week I wanted Rory to suffer a little bit from her dumb choices, not immediately get everything she wanted...

As for the Luke's daughter thing...I read spoilers ages ago so I knew it was coming, and even I hate the fact that this plotline even exists, I kind of liked how they handled it. I liked that she was really geeky looking and that she didn't want anything from Luke besides help in winning the science fair. Obviously she (and her mother I assume) will be staying in the picture which is just manipulative on the part of the writers but for some reason I was just comforted by the fact that they didn't go the typical soap opera route with it.

And when the heck did Zack become so annoying?

1 comment:

mira said...

bah! i am annoyed to no end by the luke-daughter storyline. apparently i never knew about this spoiler. ARGH!

and the rory thing. she reminded me A LOT of paris. all those years of being friends with paris, i guess it was inevitable she'd have paris influence. OY!