Friday, November 18, 2005

the fake Orange County

The OC this season has been kind of a mixed bag...I'm glad that the couples (Sandy/Kirsten, Ryan/Marissa, Seth/Summer) seem to be relatively stable, and the whole main cast, even Marissa, has been in really good form, but man, all these new characters have been irritating the heck out of me. I wonder if it's becoming the OC's pattern to introduce a whole bunch of new characters at the beginning of the season to "stir things up" and then slowly get rid of them. Like last season we had D.J., Lindsay, Alex, and Zach, and this season there's Dean Hess, Charlotte, Taylor, and the public school kids. Dean Hess is already gone and it looks like Charlotte is too, so hopefully Taylor will up next?

Taylor's kind of a tricky one though...up until last week I absolutely despised her, but this week she was actually kind of funny. That bit where she was asking Ryan about Seth and Summer just cracked me up, and the scene where she tells Seth that she liked him was hilarious too. ("I heard you were breaking up." "What? Who said that?" "I made it up. But what did you feel when you heard it?") But I was kind of annoyed that Seth was being so nice to her because I kind of just don't want her to stick around at all. I'm kind of meh on Johnny as well. IMDB has him listed as sticking around for awhile also but I don't really see what his purpose is. He's not hot and he's not interesting....

Apparently the next big thing is going to be the return of Kaitlin Cooper, who's going to be even wilder than Marissa, which sounds funny, but I guess while Marissa's done plenty of drinking and other destructive behavior, she's still always kind of given off this good-girl vibe. So I guess Kaitlin is going to be more of a Hailey type?

No comments: