Saturday, November 12, 2005

november sweeps, week 2

ON BREAK:
Kitchen Confidential (still! oy...)

SUNDAY:
Desperate Housewives: So Susan and Mike finally come to a head. I'm glad that Gabrielle finaly understands the depth, in its own craziness, of Carlos' love for her. I love Lynnette and Tom's storyline of parents needing to treat themselves every once in a while. And Lynnette's obsession with the suit -- that's something anyone can relate to, falling in love with a material object that makes you feel so much better about yourself. :-)
Grey's Anatomy: Ahhh, the Alex-Izzie kiss was an awesome end to the show. I'm getting a little annoyed with the repeat themes I'm noticing between this show and House. First the surgery of "killing" the patient, to save their lives. Now the request of patient-doctor kisses. Oy. But that kiss was just SO cute.

MONDAY:
How I Met Your Mother: Kinda non-pivotal. Surprising for a sweeps episode, but refreshing as well. But seriously? I wanna see this show go somewhere. SOON.
Laguna Beach: NOT AVAILABLE TO DL YET! BAH!

TUESDAY:
Gilmore Girls: Yeah. Jess is super sexy. I agree with Jenn's post. I spent most of the episode going omg, enough with the Paulanka. And I was very not amused by the girls-soccer-Luke. It's interesting to see a threatened Logan. But mostly, Jess was super attractive. And he reminds me of why I used to like Rory -- because she was this super perfect girl who could see past the exterior of who he was to who he could be underneath everything. Man, Jess is sexy.
House: It was sad to see a diagnoses not pull through. It was probably the first death I've seen on the show (I dunno if it's the first one though, cuz I didn't see ALL of Season 1). But it was a good episode. Finally seeing some more development on the House-Cameron front, at least I think so. And some more insight into House's psyche and what makes him what he is.

WEDNESDAY:
One Tree Hill: Oy, good job Brooke. Letting your desire for vengeance to take over your common sense. But I really like what the show is doing with the Haley-Peyton storyline.

THURSDAY:
The OC: Ehh, not really doing it for me. Of course Seth developing a soft-spot for Taylor has lead to her having a huge crush on him and now wanting to sabotage Seth-Summer. YUCK. Ryan-Marissa are really good together, but they're kinda boring, too. I don't like this seduction of Julie Cooper to the dark side business. I do like the threatened surfer-girlfriend hurting the boyfriend before he hurt her aspect though. Because that was a good portrayal of human nature/strive-to-be-independent girl-nature.
Reunion: Yet another twist. Nice! They seriously made it look like Sam was the one who survived but she's the one who was murdered. Yay for twists. That's sad though, cuz I really like her.
Alias: I was skeptical about the new cast additions, but I've gotta say, I am finding that I really like them. I like Rachel Gibson (played by Rachel Nichols. Reminder of Michael Vaughn played by Michael Vartan, hummm...) a lot. And of course there's the romantic tension building up between her and Thomas Grace. Cuz on this show only in office romances can exist. Sydney-Vaughn, Nadia-Weiss, Dixon-the Director of the CIA, and now Rachel-Grace... I'm not too keen on the Evil-ish-Sloan storyline, or the repetitiveness of the show, but the new characters I do like.

No comments: