Saturday, May 14, 2005

What was I thinking?!

So, I went and saw Monster-in-Law yesterday on its opening day. It LOOKED cute, and Michael Vartan IS cute, so no matter how many bad reviews I saw about it? I decided to go anyway...

Okay, the dialogue was so terribly written. I think that if they pushed a little harder, and took the movie less seriously, it could've been a good mockery of all bad romantic comedy movies. But nope, they actually took themselves seriously and managed to combine all the worst elements of romantic comedies. It was like watching a junior high school play. Seriously! Also there were points in the movie where you just didn't feel like it could get worse? And then all of a sudden it took a nosedive and became even more terrible. And by points, I really do mean that this happened SEVERAL times.

It did have 1 redeeming factor though. Well, no, I'll say 2. First one, the lesser of the two, is that Michael Vartan is indeed a very, very goodlooking man. The second one is that there were these two annoying vertical green stripes going through the movie the ENTIRE time. And on the occasion it would dance across the screen. Well due to those two annoying green stripes, I got a free movie pass to the theater. So that terrible movie I had just sat through? I can officially feel like I didn't really have to PAY to see it. *whew*

All in all, don't go see Monster-in-Law in theaters. When it comes out on video, don't rent it. When it finally gets thrown to TBS "we know funny," I'd strongly suggest changing the channel.

No comments: