Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

This makes a grand total of two movies that I've seen in theaters this semester...although I guess I have gone to Cornell Cinema more than usual.

Anyway, I spontaneously went to see this movie last night. I hadn't really been planning to, but I had heard some good things about it although my expectations weren't too high. I read the book a few years back and I was kind of afraid of the prospect of it turning into a movie because it's so wacky and a lot of things could have gone wrong.

But I did enjoy it. I thought parts of it were really funny but then the audience didn't seem too receptive...I guess most actual fans of Hitchhiker and this kind of humor had seen it already. There were more than a few moments where I was one of the only people in the theater laughing.

I thought that the casting of Arthur was just right and I really loved Marvin with his perfect voicing by Alan Rickman. And Mos Def was pretty good too.

Not much else to say...my next movie review will probably be the infamous Episode III which I am prepared to hate but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?

No comments: