Thursday, May 19, 2005

the OC is postworthy

I don't want to push down Jen's post on Episode 3 but man, today's season finale of The OC is so worth it. Okay, most of the episode had me cringing. And then when the scene that looked like Marissa was getting shot happened and it turned out she wasn't shot? I was pretty darn pissed. I felt like I was robbed of that moment by the writers. Then there were all those rumors about Oliver showing up? And he didn't, but it was awesome when Seth and Ryan were commiserating over Kirsten's departure and the doorbell rings, and Seth goes, "The only thing that could make this better would be for Oliver to be at the door now." (that's definitely not word-for-word, but you get the general idea)

Anywho, the final final scene... Ahh, writers of The OC, you are extremely good at redeeming yourselves. Mid-season when it looked like it couldn't get any worse, the characters couldn't get any more annoying? You fixed it with the Seth-Summer Spiderman kiss reconciliation. Today when it just felt like the show was getting worse and worse and worse? You fixed it with the final scene. That was beautiful. I read somewhere that the director of the show didn't even give the cast the final page of the script until the day of the shooting. Because he wanted to keep the grand finale a big secret. Man, that was wonderful! The OC, you made me happy with you again. Now I can go into the summer feeling fuzzy happy thoughts towards your show. And next season when the 3rd season premiers? I'll actually look forward to it!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Haha so I'm not sure why the final scene is causing you to have fuzzy happy thoughts but it was very well done.

One disappointment: WHERE WAS LINDSAY? She was thisclose to getting adopted by Caleb seriously not that long ago and she's not even mentioned? Come on people!

Yay for Jimmy and Hailey being back! Though that North Shore joke was really horrible...