Friday, May 19, 2006

the OC has balls

Man, I have to say that I'm kind of impressed by the season finale of the OC. This season has been pretty crappy in general, bogged down by all the dumb and boring Sandy and the Newport Group stuff and Johnny and then Volchok, but geez, the writers made a gutsy move. I mean, I've always kind of hated Marissa and I wasn't alone in that feeling. People were always joking about killing her off but nobody really seriously thought it would actually happen. Man, I'm still kind of shocked. I mean, sending her off on a boat for a year is one thing, but killing her? Wow.

And everything with next season is kind of up in the air. I can't say I'm a huge OC fan anymore, but it's just become this show that I watch and don't think is particularly great but then don't really get worked up over. So I'll be tuning in next season. It's going up against Grey's Anatomy, which'll probably kill it because they have similar audiences and I'm pretty sure that most people without Tivos or DVRs will be opting for Grey's over the OC. Actually every network has a heavy hitter in that timeslot, with CSI and Supernatural and the new drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip...

1 comment:

mira said...

YEAH!!! I haven't caught up but I was super happy to hear they did something as gutsy as KILLING MARISSA OFF!!!!