Friday, May 19, 2006

CBS upfronts

So while CBS has the been the ratings giant lately, I'm kind of uninterested in its programming in general because I'm just not that into crime shows. It's strange how a decade or so ago, CBS was this kind of family-oriented-Touched-By-An-Angel network and now it's really just all about CSI...

The only things I really care about: How I Met Your Mother and Numb3rs (one of the only crime shows I enjoy) were renewed.

As for the new stuff, as opposed to ABC's 12 new shows this fall, CBS has only announced 4, none of which really caught my attention.

Smith and Shark both have great casts and seem to be pretty much in the same vein of all of CBS shows right now: solid performers but not anything to really talk about. Jericho sounds like they're trying to do something new but I bet it'll go out the same way that Threshold did. I'll probably check out The Class but it sounds a bit odd because well, who really cares about the people they knew in the third grade?

No comments: