Tuesday, May 16, 2006

ABC Upfront

I'm not entirely sure how ABC's fall schedule has room for six new hour-long dramas and six new half-hour comedies...is this how it always is? Don't only a handful of new shows avoid cancellation in the first season anyway?

My thoughts:

Apparently the big news is Grey's Anatomy moving to Thursday. I could really care less, since I don't watch the show (because I HATE Meredith), but yeah, that's the big news.

Six Degrees: Another J.J. Abrams show, avoid like the plague! I'm sorry, I know that's he like the hottest ticket in Hollywood right now but I swore to myself that I would never get involved in another one of his shows. His pattern has been proved: his shows start out brilliant and innovative in their first seasons but then things start to slowly sprial out of control. He gets overambitious, makes things way too complicated, throws in too many cliffhangers, messes with the audience's heads, but makes it impossible for them to stop watching. Why do you think I've stuck it out with 5 frickin' seasons of RAMBALDI??? Anyway, if all goes according to pattern, this show will receive loads of critical acclaim and everyone will be gushing over it, but just you wait, things will implode. Or you know, it could just suck like What About Brian.

Betty the Ugly: America Ferrara was great in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and in Real Women Have Curves, so I'll be tuning into this one. Sounds like fun, but it's a one hour comedy on Friday night, which kind of sounds like a recipe for failure. Miss Match anyone?

The Nine: Kim Raver is listed in the cast for this, so this doesn't bode well for Jack-and-Audrey-TRUE-LOVE on 24...also in the cast is Scott Wolf, so if Everwood gets renewed does this mean Andy and Nina can finally get together?

Big Day: I'm a fan of Marla Sokoloff, so I'll probably check this one out also, though it might end up being a Reunion-type dud because it has a season-long gimmick.

Eagerly looking forward to previews and reviews come fall!

1 comment:

mira said...

where's the CW upfront? what's going on with Veronica Mars?
Oh russ tells me vm is still in. YAY!

oh. and everwood is out, sorry to hear that.