Friday, May 19, 2006

CW and FOX Upfronts

Not much to say about the CW schedule really, except for the fact that stupid 7th Heaven killed Everwood, sigh. Although the Everwood writers were super smart and prepared two endings to the season: one if they got picked up and one if they didn't. So hopefully all the right couples will end up together and I can be happy! But overall the schedule is pretty strong, taking only the best from both networks. Thank goodness for Veronica Mars! And I'm sure Mira's happy about One Tree Hill. Matt Roush makes a good point in his blog though, most of these shows have been around a while so they're going to have to come up with some new stuff and really forge a new identity. Still really sad that the WB is gone forever though.

I don't really have too much to say about FOX either. Nothing really stands out for me, but FOX shows are kind of like that. I'll probably get sucked in once I see some of the previews. Standoff is a possibility, since Gina Torres is awesome and I've always liked Ron Livingston. And I'm going to try and watch Bones more regularly since it's in a better timeslot this season.

1 comment:

mira said...

Yay VM and OTH!

I'm so confused about 7th Heaven though... Didn't I watch the series finale?!?!?!?!