Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Beauty and the Geek

First new series of the summer and I am HOOKED!

I have to say that they found a really interesting group of people...I was reading the bios on the official site and I was surprised to learn that most of the girls are about my age and have been to college. And some of the guys really aren't that geeky. Joe, the short dude, is an English major who makes movies and has a blog! I really wonder why he's never been on a date...maybe because he seems so painfully shy. I know a lot of dorkier guys that have had plenty of girlfriends.

Oh, and the really clueless answers that some of the girls gave reminded me of a study we discussed in my science writing course last semester about how much the public knows as compared to the average person in my class, and it was really surprising. I mean, I guess it's not crucial to everyday life to know things about history and geography, but seriously! I wonder if it's a problem with the educational system or if people are just so unconcerned that they forget...

1 comment:

mira said...

hahaha i'm so glad you posted on it. man, i was so entertained by that show. and get this: a girl from work actually went to work with one of the geeks! the one who won the dance competition! hahaha the one who looks like the honey i shrunk the kids father!