Tuesday, June 07, 2005

recent viewings

Now that I am officially done with my undergraduate career and am just bumming around at home for two months, I've been watching quite a few DVDs lately. Some quick recaps:

Finding Neverland: Very feel-good and British. Despite the whole Titanic thing I really do like Kate Winslet as an actress, and Johnny Depp is always cool.

I Heart Huckabees: Really quirky. Parts of it just a little too bizarre, but I thought Mark Wahlberg was hilarious and the whole "existential detectives" thing was kind of cute.

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen: Uhhhh basically nowhere near as good as Mean Girls and kind of a waste of my time. Good thing I have a lot of time to waste.

Spellbound: I was probably more interested in this because a spelling bee champion was a few of my classes in high school (Rebecca Sealfon), but I really enjoyed it. I mean, I still don't really understand why these kids have the compulsion to learn how to spell words they will never ever use, but it was fun to watch anyway.

The Sweet Hereafter: An old one. It was a bit odd...one of those critically acclaimed films that's supposed to be very deep and whatnot, and I sort of got it. It was obviously very intelligently made and the acting was quite good but I guess these things just aren't always my cup of tea.

No comments: