Thursday, July 22, 2010

T^2: Celebrity Couples

M: There seem to have been an onslaught of celebrity weddings in early July (Carrie Underwood + her hockey player, John Krasinski + Emily Blunt, Carmelo Anthony + whoever LaLa Vazquez is, Martin Lawrence + his lady, Penelope Cruz + Javier Bardem)... On that topic, who is your favorite celebrity couple?

Mira: I'm going to pick Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck. Truthfully I grew up on Team Ben (vs. Team Matt) and really liked the Ben-Gwyneth years, really didn't like the Bennifer 1.0 years (J.Lo) and really didn't care about Bennifer 2.0 because... Yeah, I follow celebrity gossip. In any case, how did Bennifer 2.0 go from apathy to favorite celebrity couple? Super, duper cute kids! Super, duper normal looking life in a nuclear family, wholesome kind of way. So yeah, because of that and the fact that they have achieved what looks like an effortless, normal life with their beautiful family, they're my favorite celebrity couple.

Jennifer: This is a tough one, because it seems like celebrity couples are so temporary. I do like Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze, Jr and the fact that they gave their baby a normal and pretty name (Charlotte Grace). I've become a fan of Dax Shepard because of Parenthood so I like him and Kristen Bell together. Oh, and Zooey Deschanel and Ben Gibbard (from Death Cab for Cutie)! I've never even seen a picture of them together but they're so the perfect indie couple. (By the way, I don't even know who Carmelo Anthony is....)

1 comment:

burkie said...

jenn, i know how you feel. i don't know who that john krasinski person is, or that ben gibbard guy. this is not a subject that i know a lot about. but i do have an answer--two answers. Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson, and Will Smith & Jada Pinkett-Smith. i only know them from watching the red carpet shows with joan rivers, but i like how they look together and interact with each other. both couples seem genuine to me.