Monday, July 02, 2007

Recasting news

I know that parts on TV shows regularly get recast after being picked up and before premiering but there seems to be a heck of a lot of it this year. Anyway, the news is that two of my favorite guys from cancelled shows will be back on TV in the fall!

Jason Dohring, aka my favorite Logan (Veronica Mars), has joined the cast of CBS' Moonlight, which is one of the two Angel-esque shows of this fall. He'll play Josef, an ancient vampire who I believe was supposed to be a sort of mentor to the main character. Interestingly his character was played by a 60-year-old in the pilot. And even more interestingly, David Greenwalt, who co-created Angel, has been brought on as the show's executive producer. Hmmm...?

Scott Patterson (Luke! from Gilmore Girls) has been cast in the CW's Aliens in America, which is the half-hour sitcom about a Midwestern family that hosts a Pakistani exchange student. Patterson will play the dad. I originally thought this show was going to be a disaster but after watching a few previews I think it might actually be really funny, and yay for Scott Patterson!

No comments: