Thursday, July 12, 2007

my current entertainment obsessions

  1. BBC period miniseries. It all started with North & South and now I'm on a Netflix-ing spree. I finished Wives and Daughters last week (also excellent) and now I'm working on the new Forsyte Saga. SO GOOD! Have also queued up Our Mutual Friend, The Way We Live Now, Daniel Deronda, and several more...yay for Netflix!
  2. Harry Potter. The last book comes out next weekend! My plan is go pick up the book on Saturday morning (no, I'm not crazy enough to do the midnight party madness) and hole up and read it that day. I've been re-reading some of the books and re-watching some of the movies to prepare.
  3. So You Think You Can Dance! More posts on this to come, obviously.
  4. General Hospital?? I used to watch this soap on and off during high school and suddenly I've gotten re-interested in it, thanks to SoapNet. And now SoapNet is going to be running a limited spin-off series, Night Shift, that's going to feature some of my favorite characters (Robin, Patrick, Jason, etc.) and be more of an episodic rather than serial format. Color me interested.
  5. The trifecta of food reality shows this summer: Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef, and Next Food Network Star.

1 comment:

JackPo said...

w00t, I told myself I wasn't going to get caught up in the Harry Potter mania.. but alas I'm getting increasingly more excited about my pre-ordered copy coming this Saturday :-D