Thursday, August 31, 2006

Project Runway - Episode 8

Don't get me wrong, I still really love the show, I don't think I've been enjoying this season of Project Runway as much as last year and it kind of makes me sad. I think it's because there's just a lack of likeable designers in terms of personality. Last year we had Chloe and Daniel and Andrae and Nick pretty late into the game who were all really likeable. And even Santino, who was the season's "villain", had his crazy funny moments, and Kara never did anything that horrible either. This season, the remaining designers are: Michael (yay), Kayne (funny but can be a little mean), Laura (snarky but not exactly loveable), Uli (hardly ever shown on camera), Vincent (ugh), and Jeffrey (not even going to go there). Plus is it just me, or has Tim Gunn not really been around as much? Where's the fun, people?

This week's episode was bizarre. I mean, designing for yourself is fine and all, but the "jetsetter" angle was so incredibly vague and obviously made up for the sole purpose of getting them all to Paris. I was suprised that the designers didn't ask more questions about what the heck it all meant, especially Angela. If I were her, I would have been all like, "uh, I'm the farthest thing from a jetsetter and I don't know what a jetsetter would dress like so how the heck am I supposed to design for myself as a jetsetter?" All of the outfits were so completely different that you never would have guessed they were all responses to the same challenge.

Above all though, this challenge just proved to me that Michael Knight better win this competition or else. I have to give Jeffrey credit because I actually did like his outfit, but Michael has been so consistently good. Plus his modeling skills made me love him even more than I already do (if that's possible). Everyone else was pretty meh. Glad that Angela was kicked off, it was inevitable. Vincent and his basic basic basic pants and pullover were lucky Angela's outfit was so crazy. Laura's dress was beautiful and it traveled well but I kind of hated the color and it was sort of boring the way all of her clothes are. Kayne was tacky, and Uli was Uli. I thought it was odd that they praised Jeffrey for being himself whereas they slammed Uli for being herself...

No comments: