Sunday, January 07, 2007

midseason review

Since I have effectively posted on NO tv this entire 2006-2007 season, I thought I'd take opportunity of the midway point to do so. (Even though some shows ARE back from their holiday break.) So without further ado, here is my current TV lineup, regardless of whether or not I am actually in the process of watching 'em...

Sunday:
(old) Desperate Housewives: Have yet to watch a single episode of Season 3. Am expecting it to be absolutely awful. (So why bother planning to watch at all you might ask? Good question.)
(new) Brothers & Sisters: I watched this for like 3 episodes, but kinda forgot about it. I liked it as a family drama with the typical complex relationships.. Is it still on air? Should I continue to try to catch up? Or has it gotten cancelled already?

Monday:
(new) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: Love it. Loved the Christmas jazz ensemble. Love Harriet and Matt. Really like Amanda Peet in everything. Love Matt and Danny. Miss the West Wing.
(new) Heroes: I am astounded by extremeness of people who either LOVE this show or HATE it. It's definitely my most enjoyable new show of the season. It just fulfills me 100% on the entertainment scale. And I love Milo. And Hayden. But when did multiple-personality disorder become a superpower?
(old) How I Met Your Mother: Though I don't know why the writers are incessantly continuing with the Robin-Ted relationship, this season has been as fun as ever. I adore the "Grinch" episode, I adored married Lily-Barney, and of course Barney and his brother. Same old quirkiness, same wonderfully lovable cast.
(new) The Class: This is a show that I thought was possibly the worst thing ever to air on primetime tv and was planning on dropping. But with prodding from Jenn saying that it got better, I've continued watching and I'm STILL watching! It's nice to have 30 minute sitcoms in my schedule... Light, quick, and fun.
(old) What About Brian: I forgot to watch this show this season and I'm thinking maybe it's best left forgotten...

Tuesday:
(new) Friday Night Lights: Agree fully with Jenn on this show. Matt and Julie are the best tv couple of the season, hands down!
(new) My Boys: A late season show on TBS. My roommate complains about the neverending sports analogies, but I enjoy it a lot. I like PJ, I love that the dorky guy from Grosse Pointe is on it, and it's just fun!
(old) House: I was kinda annoyed at first, but I think it's interesting where this season has been heading. I thought the police detective hard-balling Dr. House was REALLY annoying, but now I'm starting to see how his drug addiction to Vicodin could be such a huge issue. It's a really interesting character analysis of Dr. House, and it's also interesting to see how the other doctors need to really step it up to fill the big void the possibility of not having Dr. House around could leave. But in all reality, didn't they cope without him for a few months after doing that crazy surgery thing to him and his leg after he got shot last season? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to see what happens.
(old) Gilmore Girls: Haven't REALLY been watching all the episodes, but watched enough to keep up and BLECH. Hate it. Just get rid of Christopher already and get Lorelai and Luke back to gether again already! (Do like Rory-Logan a lot more now, though!)
(old) Veronica Mars: Again a show I just accidentally watched a few episodes of this season (I was going to wait for it to come out on DVD...), but man... I love Logan Echolls.

Wednesday:
(old) Top Chef: The new season has been alright for me. I hate Marcel, along with everyone. I really like Ilan, Sam, and Cliff. Are Marcel and Elia an item by the way?
(old) One Tree Hill: Haven't actually been watching, but, eh it sounds kinda crazy. This show needs to be cancelled already. Haley preggerz and run over by a car? Nathan with a loan shark? Peyton and a stalker boy? Brooke best friends with Rachel?!?! and all because... PEYTON AND LUCAS? Ridiculous.

Thursday:
(new) 6 Degrees: This didn't get too far on my watch list. Actually I saw all of one episode. And decided it sucked. It went from depressing to even more depressing. If you happen to know it got better, or that the show hasn't been cancelled yet, please let me know. Perhaps I'll give it a second, or third look.
(old) Grey's Anatomy: I love Callie. Meredith and McDreamy simply need to stay together and stay put because their drama when not together is just BORING. Christina and Burke are at yet another hurdle, but I hope they make it through it because they are such a well-suited couple! I still miss Denny like crazy. :-(
(new) The Nine: I *think* this show was on Thursday but I'm not sure. I started watching it and REALLY liked it. But am disappointed to find that it's been shelved. ::sigh:: People! Why aren't you watching the GOOD STUFF?!?! But I'm glad to see some things have been righted with...
(old) The OC: I haven't watched any of this new season (cuz I never finished last season), but the news of show cancellation were gladly welcomed by me. Enough so that I might actually make the attempt to catch up! I'm glad to hear through Jenn that this has been a good season, though. On a related note, I'm still extremely upset about the breakup of Rachel Bilson and Adam Brody off-screen. :-(
(newish-old) The Office: My roommate watches and it's amazing that I managed to stay unhooked on this show until so recently -- but I really like it! And even though I'm a new watcher, I seriously adore Pam and Jim, separately and *hopefully one day* together.

Friday:
(old) Numb3rs: I like this show. It's a good solid show. :-)

COMING UP:
24 -- Can't wait! But two 2-hour premiers in a row? Craziness. That's 1/6th of the ENTIRE season. GEEZ.
Scrubs -- Musical episode! Though it just makes me want to go back and watch Buffy... :-) Now that was a Musical episode extravaganza...

::geez that was long::

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I find it really funny that you've continued to watch the Class because I told you it was getting better but actually I just told you I HEARD it was getting better although I personally haven't watched a single episode since the pilot!

So it if I start watching it again? It'll be like me watching because you told me to because I told you to?!?!