Monday, January 08, 2007

Beauty and Geek take 3

I think it's because I'm a pretty much a geek myself but this show really makes me laugh like no other. I think what makes the geeks so funny is that they don't even realize how geeky they sound at any given moment. The sine squared plus cosine squared pickup line definitely had me cracking up just because of the sheer nerdiness of it and how hilarious was it that so many of them thought "booty" only referred to pirate treasure?

First impressions: I liked Drew and Mario and Piao and Scooter, but Nate kind of seems a little too cool to be there. I imagine him to be pretty popular with his own crowd and so far he hasn't seemed all that socially awkward. Niels has just come off as arrogant so far, and even with this group Matt seems wimpy. That's probably because he got stuck with Andrea, who's annoyingly only focused on winning. I was really hoping they'd take the money and leave, but no such luck. Fortunately another team I disliked ended up getting eliminated. While Sanjay definitely could have been a bit more supportive, it was Tori's own fault for not studying. And she pulled the whole "nobody talks to me that way!" thing which I hate.

As for the rest of the beauties: Cecile is a little freaky, Erin needs to lay off the eye makeup, Sheree really impressed with her interview (is she the beauty who's actually not dumb at all?), Nadia and Jennylee seem sweet, and Meagan? Did they show her at all? I have to say that I'm always a little shocked by the kinds of facts they don't know and I feel kind of bad for laughing at their dumb comments. But I looked at their bios online and nearly all of them are in college or have graduated from college. I wonder what that's saying about higher education...

No comments: