Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Golden Globes Wrap-up

I only watched the first half hour before switching over to 24 but I watched enough to see Jennifer Hudson pick up the award for best supporting in musical/comedy! She was incredible in Dreamgirls and I'm really proud of her. I totally voted for her back in the day on American Idol so it's nice to see her rise up from that snub. Take that, America!

Speaking of America, I was also super glad to see America Ferrera and Ugly Betty pick up wins. I don't know that Ugly Betty is the BEST comedy on TV right now, but it's definitely up there and America definitely deserved her win. Score two for the non-stick-skinny actresses in Hollywood! And how fun must it have been for the Ugly Betty cast to get to get to go to Globes? Ditto for the Heroes cast.

Was also happy to see Emily Blunt win, I didn't actually see Gideon's Daughter, the TV movie she won for, but she was awesome in the Devil Wears Prada. The only question now is why she's dating that creepy Michael Buble...

Oh, and how great was it that Greg Grunberg got to present the best actor in a drama award to Hugh Laurie? They're in a celebrity band together which is a fact that only a true tube junkie like me would know.

Anyway, other than that, I had mostly sighs of relief. Sigh of relief that Ellen Pompeo and Evangeline Lilly did not win. Sigh of relief that Masi Oka did not win (I love the guy but I think he was hurtling towards overexposure). Sigh of relief that Leonardo DiCaprio did not win (though I felt bad about the jokes people were cracking about him in the beginning). Sigh of relief that Desperate Housewives did not win.

Oh, and a random comment: like I've said a million times I'm not really into Lost much anymore but man is Josh Holloway HOT.

No comments: