Thursday, February 09, 2006

TV fans = sports fans??

I've never been much of a sports fan, except for girly stuff like figure skating and gymnastics, but after moving to Philly and enduring endless football conversations going on around me, I think I've come to a realization: sports fans aren't really too different from TV fans.

I was thinking about how, in the case of shows like Gilmore Girls, I can't just stop watching because the show is bad. It's been awhile since I really considered the show to be great, but I continue to subject myself to week after week of frustration and Rory-hateage. This isn't too unlike being a sports fan. Loyalty to your team means that you stick with them, whether they're on top or sucking royally. You follow their games, analyze and criticize their players, pity yourself for being a fan, but you can't just give up! Even when things are at their worst, you still have hope that things will turn around. And if they don't, well, there's always next season.

Haha, yeah, I've been having some random thoughts lately...

No comments: